Wednesday, July 1, 2015

IRENE PALOMAR: The Selfmade Jeweler


My name is Irene Palomar. I have dedicated myself to contemporary jewelry since 2006. I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina.


ME AND MY CREATIONS


THE BEGINNING



I am a surveyor and after having worked as such for over thirty years, I decided to pursue my latent desire for art and express my vocation through creating jewelry.

A piece surges as the ultimate succession of my feelings and emotions and is in essence an expression of myself that wishes to be seen and communicate with others.



"LABERINTO" RING, FROM MARIDAGE COLLECTION



DAILY ROUTINE



I work independently for now. I obtain my materials through purveyors (silver, copper, wood), or from recycled objects (cartons and plastics).



MY STUDIO


FINANCING

During this initial stage I have personally financed my brand “Irene Palomar” and have advertised my works by participating in national and international expositions, fairs and art shows.

My chief concern and priority has been to become known through promoting my works.



"WHITE" RING, FROM MARIDAGE COLLECTION


FLAGSHIP PRODUCTS



Regarding my flagship product, it varies depending on my collections, and these collections are different every year according to what I desire to express and create.


"MATRICES" NECKLACE



TRADITION AND INNOVATION



My products incorporate traditional techniques and materials through my use of silver.

My use of plastics and other modern materials and their use in conjunction with traditional materials has enabled me to give innovative touches to my creations. 

It is under these guidelines that my latest collection, “Maridage”, with which I participated in the “Joya Barcelona 2012”, was created; each crafted silver piece was blended with plastic until a perfect combination was achieved. 



BRONZE BRACELET, FROM JAPANESE COLLECTION


GOALS


I would like to integrate this discipline with other arts in a cultural center that serves the community and fosters the diffusion of crafts and learning.



LEGACY: What advice would you give to an aspiring artisan?


That all goals are achieved by:

- The desire to do something we love

- Moving forwards in steps, sometimes slowly, but always consistently.

- Always trying to learn. Learning mimics our minds and gives us security and confidence for action.


- Knowing that there are always difficulties but that we must overcome them and regard them as achievements.



"FUENTE" RING, FROM VERTIENTE COLLECTION


MAKE A CALL TO WHO YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHOW YOUR WORK


Each one of my works is an extension of myself. They express my feelings and emotions, and what I want most is to find someone who values them for the relationship that they convey between artisan and consumer.






CONTACT IRENE PALOMAR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Willing to have your feedback!