Friday, June 14, 2013

MATILDE MORENO VERA The Floral Jeweler


My name is Matilde Moreno Vera and I am dedicated to crafting jewelry. 

I was born and raised in Buenos Aires, Argentina and have been creating contemporary jewelry in my workshop for the past seven years. 

I especially enjoy designing pieces for special occasions such as weddings, birthdays or anniversaries. 



WORKING IN MY STUDIO


THE BEGINNING


I currently live in Neuquén Patagonia Argentina, where I originally learned under the tutelage of different goldsmith masters basic techniques such as etching, soldering and polishing. 

I stumbled upon modern jewelry while looking for a medium that allowed me to apply what I have learned and give an identity to my designs. 

In my designs I seek to reflect my feelings and it is from these same feelings that I create the details on my pieces.







DAILY ROUTINE


My workshop and home feed into each other to create unique pieces of jewelry. 

Aside from being a mother, the hours in my workshop elapse during the morning when my children are at school. It is during the morning that my ideas and designs are formed and created. 

For most of my pieces I use silver 925 and mix it with copper, bronze and alpaca to give it color. I also use gold to create contrasts between the different metals.




DESIGN PROCESS


FINANCING


I work alone when designing and creating a piece, thus further ensuring the originality and uniqueness of each jewel. 

Sometimes, when I create an exceptional piece I repeat the design but change certain aspects that could have been improved upon, but again, no two pieces are ever the same. 

I participate in local art exhibitions so that people can see my work and also gain prominence through word of mouth which is extremely satisfying.



MY STUDIO



FLAGSHIP PRODUCTS


My favorite part of my job is the ability to personalize each piece. My designs are created by sketching them and crafting a model of the design. Typically, I ask for feedback from family and friends. 

During the course of the creation process I often modify the model as I construct it, and after being satisfied with the prototype I materialize the idea by creating the piece in metal. 

"MARGARITAS"


I also try on the jewelry to ensure comfort and critique how the design looks. 

One of my latest creations is my flagship product and consists of a flower forged from 925 silver and copper. I identify myself with this piece and regard it as reflection of my style and it is through this piece that you can become acquainted with my works. 

My other favorite piece is named “Maternidad” and reflects the small world that is created between pregnant mothers and their children. Just like in the story “The little Prince” by Antoine De Saint-Exupery, a small world of emotions can be found in a small planet. I especially enjoy reinventing this piece and recreating it in different forms.



"CASAMIENTO"


TRADITION AND INNOVATION


I work various different metals by employing traditional techniques and incorporating them into the creation of modern jewelry, thus allowing me to express what I feel. 

My passion is original creations that are extremely detailed. These pieces set a stark contrast to traditional jewelry which is generally created with molds and carries a serial number.



"NILLO FLOR"


GOALS


I believe that I still have much to learn as far as launching a collection or line of jewelry is concerned. 

Nowadays, my time is shared with my home, but I do not rule out the possibility of eventually launching my own collection.





LEGACY: What advice would you give to an aspiring artisan?


My advice to anyone who is starting would be to take all your ideas and inspirations from within yourself and stay true to what you enjoy. The most beautiful pieces are those that surge from within you.


 




MAKE A CALL TO WHO YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHOW YOUR WORK


My dream is that an important jewelry shop asked me to design their jewels. 

My work would therefore be much easier to do when designing since I would not have to worry about obtaining metal or precious stones. Creating without limits and without having to worry about costs or publicity would be liberating. 




CONTACT MATILDE MORENO

matmv@hotmail.com
www.matildemorenovera.com.ar
www.facebook.com/matilde.joyeriacontemporanea


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for costume jewelry your statement in this section. I had truly enjoyed what you had to say. These comments have really supported my zeal in writing for several of the newest topics.

    ReplyDelete

Willing to have your feedback!